Children of the World has a long established relationship with the CCCWA (China Center for Children Welfare and Adoption.) We have a China based office in Beijing, run by Mrs. Hou Jing Dong, ("Doris").
Doris started working for the agency the first day our China Program opened, in 1996,
and has been with us ever since.
ADOPTING FROM CHINA
We are taking applications for children with special needs. The special needs can vary from “minor” to “severe”. Prospective parents will have the opportunity to designate which special needs you are willing to accept. We work closely with families as they make this decision.
AVERAGE TIME OF COMPLETION
YOUNGEST AGE OF CHILDREN AVAILABLE
12 months aT TIME OF referral
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR PARENTS
TRAVEL TIME IN COUNTRY:
NUMBER OF TRIPS REQUIRED:
NUMBER OF CHILDREN IN HOME:
LENGTH OF MARRIAGE REQUIRED:
2 years, if no prior divorce. 5 years, if prior divorce. Single women may apply.
AGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHILD & PARENT:
Minimum of 25 years
SIBLING GROUPS AVAILABLE:
POST REPLACEMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Three visits and reports by your social worker. Three additional reports by parents.
Physically, mentally, and emotionally stable.
Financially capable and motivated to adopt.
No life threatening medical conditions.
*Previous arrests or medical issues considered on a case-by-case basis.
Research information on adoption service providers, country, and special needs.
Choose an agency and complete the application process.
Begin mandatory adoption education.
- Identify a home study agency. Complete home study paperwork. If you live in Alabama, Children of the World will complete your home study.
- Social worker makes home study visits. Social workers prepare, review, and approve home study report.
- Complete dossier paperwork. Children of the World compiles and authenticates the dossier for you.
- Begin the I-800 process with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
If your home study report does not specifically list the special need your child has, an
I-800 A Supplement 3 Form must be submitted first.
- I-800 approval (provisional approval from USCIS) is received.
- DS-260 Visa application completed and hand delivered to the U.S. Consulate in China.
- Article 5 letter issued by the U.S. Consulate in China and hand delivered to the CCCWA.
CCCWA issues a Travel Invitation.
Travel arrangements and consulate appointments are made and reviewed.
Family will travel to China for approximately 2 weeks:
Week 1 - You arrive in China and are met by Doris, our China representative. Families are united with their child and the adoption process is completed.
Week 2 - You travel to Guangzhou, China to complete the Visa process.
- Apply for State Birth Certificate and Social Security Card for your child.
- Complete the required post placement visits by the social worker. The social worker
will write the reports at the requested time according to the post placement schedule.
- Continue with scheduled post placement reports (completed by parents with no charge).
Please note that this information is subject to change without
notice as changes occur in country and government regulations.
For the latest information, contact the International Program Director.